|Experience Level: 2-3 years
Under the direction of the IP Practice Group, the Docketor maintains and updates the firm's IP docketing process to ensure workflow of docketed items is timely and efficiently processed.
|The Ideal Candidate:
• Experience using PATTSY software and experience with U.S. and foreign docketing preferred.
• Service-oriented individual with an understanding of the environment and enthusiasm for the challenges of providing complex services in a legal setting.
• Ability to successfully work independently.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work and communicate effectively.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to fully adhere to firm confidentiality standards.
• Thorough knowledge of IP docketing procedures, practices and software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs data entry into computerized docket system to generate calendars from court documents, correspondence, rules and statuses.
• Responsible for analyzing incoming correspondence related to the prosecution of intellectual property rights.
• Reconciling outgoing correspondence and attorney comments against docket due dates in order to clear the docket daily.
• Responsible for continuing to develop and update knowledge of court rules and procedures.
• Prepares timely customized reports and resolves inaccuracies and problems.
Education and/or Experience:
B.A. or B.S. degree preferred and/or 3 or more years of IP docketing experience within a law firm preferred, or any combination of education and experience that demonstrates an ability to do the essential functions of the position.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
If interested in applying for this opportunity, please click "apply online" at the end of this page. EOE
| Return To Listings
| New Search